(I admit it: I am not always good about this rule. But, I can finagle around it by showering at night!)
Men and women out there: whether you wear no makeup or layer it on more than a Vegas showgirl, your face needs to be cleansed at least once a day, but preferably twice. By cleansing properly, we remove makeup, environmental toxins, oil buildup, dead skin cells, and so on. When we wash these things off, our faces are fresher and healthier. Your pores need to breathe, so let them.
The face washes I love most in this world are Neutrogena's Deep Clean, C.O. Bigelow's Vitamin Cleanser, Garnier Fructis's Nutri-Pure Daily Exfoliating Gel Cleanser, Bioelements's Decongestant Cleanser, and Bioelements's Flash Foaming Cleanser. I kind of live by Bioelements; they are pricey but last a really, really long time and they help me to support my local merchants (www.lauralanes.com).
When you purchase a cleanser, know your skin type. (Hint: if your cheeks get dry but your forehead and nose shiny, you are a combination.) The best cleansers for drier skin are cream-based and the ones for combination to oily skin are gels. Choose wisely! ... But, if you get frustrated or confused, see a skin professional (not talking dermatologist here) or swing by a department store. You know the Clinique counters? Remember the questionnaire sliders about your skin for their face care line? See where I am going with this?
As always, moisturize. A moisturized face is a happy face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment