Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No Touchy Touchy!

So, I wrote earlier about not using a hair dryer and letting your hair dry naturally. (Do this, please!) What I failed to mention was the drying time...

Whether you are curly or straight, avoid touching your hair while it dries. When you touch it, you are disrupting the hair's natural patterns and it will result in frizz and the strong desire for a hair elastic.

If you want to cut your drying time, for all the impatient ones out there, invest in a hair towel. I recommend CurlEase (can be used on straight hair too), Mimi's Diva Hair Turban, and Sephora's Microfiber Hair Towel. This investment is a good one as hair towels are gentler and more absorbent of the heavy moisture in wet hair than "regular" towels. (And, be sure to not use fabric softener when you wash your towels; you just cut the absorbency when you do.)

Good luck and, remember, no touchy touchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment