Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cardinal Rule for Hair #2

Rule #2: Embrace your hair's natural texture!

I admit it: I fought my hair for years. When I hit adolescence and puberty, my straight hair got very curly-wavy naturally (as a child of the '80s, I had a perm). I fought the change and would straighten it with chemicals and irons until it was a frizzy mess and, at one point, literally burned off. After a decade of war, I surrendered and my hair is at her healthiest.

We all know that a lot of curly girls want to be straightened and straight-haired ones want wave. Embrace your hair's personality. The more you fight her, the more she will make your life a nightmare!

There will be many more tips to come on this topic but I just want to remind you to love your hair for who she is... because she is not going to change without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment