Saturday, February 27, 2010

Let's Be Deep

Ah, deep conditioning, how I love thee!

For me there is only one way to deep condition: patiently. I shampoo and put some "normal" condition from mid-hair to ends. Then, I slather on the deep stuff. I have a lot of hair and you want thorough saturation so I need quite a bit. Then, I put my hair in a shower cap, wrap it in a towel, and watch a movie. The elongation of time and the heat (between your head, the shower cap, and the towel) will help the conditioner to work. Then, I rinse it out using my plastic mug and style as usual. (Leaving the deep conditioner on overnight is very nice, too!)

Morrocan Oil makes a great hair masque and my new favorite is MyHoneyChild's Olive You Deep. But, Neutrogena's Triple Moisture and Garnier Fructis's masque are also really good options.

For best results, deep condition at least once a month, semi-monthly in the winter, and weekly if your hair is damaged or stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment