Rule #3: Combs are better than brushes!
Once you have embraced your hair, taking care of her is a lot easier.
Your hair is delicate so combs are ideal. Have a wide toothed comb and a narrow-tooth comb on hand. It is a good idea to wash your combs in warm water and shampoo or anti-bacterial soap after purchase and about once a month. I also keep a wide toothed comb in the shower so I can comb my conditioner through (a really good idea to reduce knots). Do not freak out when your hair breaks off or comes off in your comb. Hair is fickle and some strands are weaker than others and it is normal to lose some hair every day.
Wet hair is extremely delicate so comb it gently with a wide toothed comb and use a narrow toothed comb when it is dry for shaping and styling purposes. And, please please please! DO NOT pull back wet hair. You are just asking for frizz and breakage.
I will admit that I do occasionally use a brush, but only before a shower so I can loosen any knots, dry skin, and oils. Those with straight hair should use a boar's hair brush. Curly hair should have a paddle brush with "pin" bristles that are set far apart. Wavy hair should use a combination brush. And, again, wash after purchase and about once a month. Be sure to let it dry completely before use. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment