Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shampoos I Love

I sometimes go crazy when people stand in the aisle and just smell shampoos. Seeing straight haired girls buy curling shampoo or oily haired people buying moisturizing is silly because of the olfactory buying technique. Buy shampoo based on your hair's needs and use smell as the second factor, not the first.

That being said...

I only shampoo my hair every third day, though I condition daily, but I do have my favorites:

-anything by Davines--LOVE for curls especially
-Bumble and Bumble--Gentle and Curl Conscious
-Garnier Fructis--Long & Strong, Smoothing, Fortifying...
-Bed Head--Control Freak and Self-Absorbed
-John Frieda--Red
-L'Oreal--Vive Pro Nutri Gloss
-and, I have to say it, Herbal Essences

I recommend avoiding Pantene Pro-V, due to the fact that it has been known to cause build up and not cleanse; Paul Mitchell, because it left my hair limp and dry; and Abba, because it tore my hair apart.

Helpful hint for shampooing: Get your hair as wet as possible; stand with your head back in the shower for several minutes (I even use a plastic mug to dispense a good dose of water). More water means more lather with less shampoo, thus saving you money.
You need the following dollops of shampoo for a good cleanse: a dime size for short, nickel for shoulder length, and quarter size for long hair. Emulsify in your hands before application and use your fingerTIPS, not nails, when you lather up!


Let me add, please feel free to ask me about any shampoos out there. As many know, I have done my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment