Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daytime Soap

I rarely use soap. I am a body wash girl, especially philosophy's Pumpkin Spice Muffin and Carol's Daughter's Ocean or Almond Cookie. But, I still have soap in my shower for the smaller shave jobs or just a super-quick clean. When it comes to soap, go big or go home.

Low quality soaps will leave behind soap scum due to the chemicals in them and will, therefore, dry out your skin. I am fairly exclusive in my soap: Arcana Soaps. These are high quality with essential oils and scents to die for. They are available for purchase from www.buyolympia.com, www.magicalomaha.com, www.thesoapboxco.com, and www.scentaddict.com and run between $6 and $7 a bar. (The bars are square and can last for months!)

The scents I adore are:
-Sleepy Hollow: a spicy, pumpkin-y fall blend with cinnamon (Obviously, my favorite)
-Swashbuckler: with coconut milk and spices and a hint of Australian black clay (Beware! The clay can leave black streaks on your shower walls!)
-Mutiny: a perfect blend of patchouli and sea salt with Indian spices (I just want to stand and smell this one)
-Filthy Viking: a "wake me up" soap with juniper and mint (Fun fact: Vikings actually did have excellent hygiene; some of the best in the European world... after the Romans.)
-Romani Princess: a chic-ancient mix of Shea butter, coconut milk, and exfoliating poppy seeds (The seeds can take some time to get used to.)
-Vampire's Garden: a sultry mix of red clay and almond oil (I LOVE almond oil; it is the ultimate moisturizer!)

Ok, I love just about all of the soaps. I am a spicy scent or watery scent girl, but Arcana does carry fruit and flower scents as well. The retailers are few and far between so order them online and the scent summaries you see will not lead you astray!

No comments:

Post a Comment