So, I usually appreciate and adhere to about 99% of what NaturallyCurly.com says, but I took a little issue with something. In their article, "5 Tips to Heal Dry Hair," they recommended that you sleep with your hair loose. You really should not (especially you curly headed people out there). Tossing and turning causes cuticle breakage and can exacerbate frizz and bad hair days. Only sleep with your hair loose if you have a satin pillow case (by the way, I highly recommend satin sheets--incredibly comfortable!). More often than not, I will either braid my locks or twist up into a high, and loose, bun. When I use the bun technique, my hair looks great and bouncy. When I braid it, I get a nice mermaid-hippie wave.
So, please, protect your hair. If you are able to, tie it back at night. If your hair is too short to tie, I recommend using some Bumble and Bumble Tonic Spray or John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Creme Serum: Overnight Repair Formula. The latter is best for those of you who shower in the morning.
Sleep well and dream of great hair days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment