Monday, May 31, 2010

Less is More

Today, I took some time to wander around town, read by the dock, and revisit some shops I have not been in in quite some time. A worker in one of these complimented me on my hair and this gave way to a lengthy conversation about hair care. She asked me what I did and I told her, "I shampoo every three days, deep condition at least once a week, and I use as little and as few products as possible." I want to stress this last point.

The more product on our hair, the more weigh down and lifelessness. The more we pull and prod our hair with styling, the more frizz and loss of control. Here is what I suggest: on damp hair, spray on leave-in conditioner or vitamin spray all over your head (be sure to have the nozzle about eight inches away from your head to avoid excess concentration), deposit a dime to nickel sized drop of frizz fighter to your palms and rub together, add in your styling cream or gel and rub again, swipe through your hair with open palms and spread fingers (start in the under layers and move to the canopy), and end with a light scrunch or shake. Now, leave it alone.

Three products (at most!) is all I use in any one day and my hands stay away from my damp locks. The result ends in spiral ringlets and a golden sheen... and compliments. :-)

Products I recommend for this:
-Hair Rules Curly Whip creme
-Giovanni Frizz Be Gone
-Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly gel
-Bumble and Bumble Defining Creme
-Bumble and Bumble Tonic Spray
-Alterna Hemp with Organics Spray Leave-in Conditioner with Color Hold
-AG Conditioning Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment