Sunday, May 23, 2010

How Do I Look?

So, I have been thinking a lot about how we fight our hair. I used to chemically straighten my hair until it was dead. Then, I let her go. I get a lot more compliments on my hair now that she is her natural shape and is healthy. But, what is right for me is not right for you.

Yes, you really shouldn't blow dry or straighten your hair. But! There are hair-friendly salon techniques and treatments if you want to go that route. If you prefer your wavy or curly locks straightened and that is what looks best on you, walk away from the hot tools and invest in a Brazilian blowout. The Brazilian blowout avoids harsh chemicals and contains proteins and anti-oxidants in its treatment. The results can last for about three months and will leave your hair smooth, healthy, and voluminous. This new treatment has an enormous fan base and, having seen the after shots, I can see why. So, if you want to control your hair, this will be a healthier (albeit a bit more expensive) thing to do.

Again, look at your face and think about what hair looks best on you before you decide. When in doubt, ask your friends and family; they tend to be honest.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! I had my first Brazilian Blowout nearly two years ago and am completely addicted. I've been a hairdresser since 1995 and this is the most amazing craze I've ever seen. It has completely changed my life! See more info, before+afters, and advice on how to choose a stylist at http://brazilianblowout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I posted your blog to my Twitter as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, thanks! I will RT away :)

    ReplyDelete